From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:28:14 -0400
Most AGP video cards for the past couple of years have been 1.5 V rather than 3.3 Volt.  Most modern mobos won't fry if you use the wrong one, they just won't POST or will give you a warning light.  Read the manual for your mobo and it should tell you about this. If you are buying a new Geforce or ATI Radeon card, they will be 1.5 volts.  Some mobos can accommodate either voltage, but you would have a hard time finding a new one that is 3.3 volts.

>The motherboard on my computer (Soyo P41 845PE Lite) requires
>the AGP video card to be 1.5 volts only. Any higher voltage will
>cause damage. My question is, where can I find the voltage
>requirements on the card? I've looked at several boxes, and
>nowhere have I been able to find the info. I've even asked the
>salespeople at the stores where I've looked at the boxes, and of
>course they have no clue what I mean.
>I'm not sure even purchasing one and looking at the card directly
>would help, since I can't seem to find that info on any older video
>card I have.
>Right now I'm using a PCI card, but would like to purchase an AGP
>one, but without the hassle of having to return it, especially if it fries
>my motherboard.
>Thaks in advance for any help.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                     visit our download web page at: