From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:04:14 -0500
Hi Robert.  Assuming all parts are known to work, I have seen this under 3
conditions.  The Mobo is shorted to the case somewhere it shouldn't be.
 The memory is not seated,  not compatible, or bad.
The video card is not fully seated in the slot you chose.

The only odd thing is that it has always been my experience that video
beeps eventually stop, after 14 I think, while the other two conditions
beep until power is cut.  Besides moving parts to different slots, I have 2
easy to do suggestions.  If your case is a mini-tower with the board
mounted vertically, lay the case on its side and boot it.  Sometimes this
reveals a short simply by booting up in this position.
Disconnect all the case display leads except speaker.  I have had cases
that were shorting the mobo in the keylock or power led.

There was a big discussion about a month back about shorts.  For what it's
worth, I install one metal screw to a brass post on each mobo I install.
 If I need another screw to support the board correctly I use a plastic
screw to an insulated post.

Tom Turak