From:
Bill Kapelas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:11:12 -0500
Are you saying you are moving your operating system and boot drive to another PC
to use as the boot drive? This won't work.

You can't just start up the drive on a new computer because of different MB
and configurations. The only way to do it is to remove all devices from device
mgr, and reinstall them. I actually remove the cards from slots and put them
back in one at a time. This seems to minimize conflicts.

Or a complete reinstall.

On Sun, 3 Dec 2000 09:53:56 -0600, Ryan E. Schutte wrote:

>I am switching a hard drive from one computer to another. The computer I'm
>putting it in is a brand new motherboard, etc. but it acts as though the
>hard drive hasn't been fdisked. I don't want to try fdisking it to see if
>this allows it to work because I don't want to lose all the information on
>the drive. I can hook it up to another computer as a secondary drive, and
>it shows everything on the drive. It was working in the original computer
>also, but it is now in a few pieces and I don't want to put it back
>together just to see if it still works in it.
>
>Any ideas why this would be? It's a 12GB hard drive with Win98.
>

>--
>Ryan E. Schutte
>Owner - KawreS
>http://www.KawreS.com
>
>KawreS - The SuperStore for all your needs and prices that you will love!

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org