From:
"David A. Abbe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 07:11:52 -0600
Bill Cohane wrote:
>Another difference between the processors is their scalability
>(ability
>to do multiprocessing). Only one unmodified Celeron will work per
>system. Two Pentium II processors can be used together in one
>multiprocessor system.  Xenons support one, two, four, or eight way
>symmetric multiprocessing.

Just to add a bit to this, while it is true only one unmodified Celeron
will work per system, dual Celerons can be used in a dual processor
setup, but involves heavy modifications.  I'm not trying to be
argumentative just wanted to add this little blurb lifted  from Tom's
Hardware site.   Lifted from Tom's Monday Blurb  January 25, 1999
http://www.tomshardware.com

"There is no reason for buying Pentium II anymore, you can even run the
Socket370 Celerons as dual processors now! Plug them into a modified
Slot1-converter card (like e.g. MSI’s MS-6905), as described by Tomohiro
Kawada at http://kikumaru.w-w.ne.jp/pc/celeron/index_e.html. "

Have I tried it?  Not in a million years!  This is way beyond me.  Just
passing along info....

take care
David A. Abbe

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]