Date:
Sun, 16 May 2004 10:07:01 -0500
Hello Mick,

With the assembled drive and case attached via a USB port, from the Start
Menu or Control Panel go to Administrative Tools / Computer Management. Then
under Storage click on Disk Management. When the window is populated with
the drive information, right click on the external drive and you'll be
presented a menu with options. As I recall, for a new drive you will first
create a partition, then when you right click the drive you can format it.

Involving more work, and time consuming, would be installing the drive as a
second drive (slave) and prepare it using the Hitachi software. The
recommended method is to use Windows XP.

Sven Swanson, Sr.