From:
"Andrew J. Rozsa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 23:32:38 -0500
At 01:04 PM 7/31/2007, Michael wrote:
>Is there some kind of machine you can hook up to a PC and copy music
>from old audio cassettes to a CD on your PC?

My professional cassettes were about to dry up and/or stretch, so I
looked around for a solution.

My decision was to go with DAK's mixer. It's simple, everything is
included for $69.95 and it works like a charm. I converted the audio
cassette analog tracks to digital WAVs and have been burning CDAs off
them for 3 years without a hitch. It will take you 15 minutes to set
it up. The software that comes with it is intuitive, simple, and very
effective. One of my best decisions.

http://www.dak.com/reviews/2020storyT.cfm

Skip all the verbiage (Drew Kaplan does go on and on) and go directly
to what you get for the money. I have also been happily converting my
vinyls (bought a USB record player for $150
http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=1401&src_t=wnp
since I have not had one for 30 years, but I do have 1600 LPs) using
the same mixer. Easy to de-pop and de-hiss the analog data with the
software provided. Requires very little technical knowledge.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com