From:
GeorgeMary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 07:14:13 -0700
I just installed Windows 2000 pro (Dual Boot) and everything seemed fine
until a reboot when the mouse pointer was frozen in the middle of the
screen.  The program was not frozen.....I could navigate (painfully)
with the keyboard.  I checked the Device Manager and all the hardware is
installed without any yellow exclamation marks.  The mouse is listed as
working with no conflicts on interupt 12. The next reboot, it worked.
 Now there doesn't seem to be any pattern and the mouse usually doesn't
work on restart.  I have changed mice and all have worked in Win98se and
RedHat 7.1 linux.  On the MS knowledge base there was something about an
HP Pavillion and Win2k, but I checked my system and the mouse is enabled
in BIOS (instead of autodetect).  These are just standard cheesy PS2
mice, exept one 3 button Logitech which seem to work everywhere else in
Win9x and Linux boxes.  SYSTEM: HP Pavillion 6638, Built in sound and
video (Intel 810), internal(Winmodem) and extenal modems, 15 and 30 G
harddrives, CDRW and floppy.  Operating systems are Win98se, RedHat 7.1
and the recent addition of Win2k.   All boot with Boot Magic and work
well except for Win2K mouse problem. Sorry about the long post, but
tried to give all info. Anybody have any ideas I can try?

--
George&Mary Skokan [log in to unmask]

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml