Date:
Tue, 12 May 2009 06:22:12 EDT
Hi There  ---

It's probably been 2 years  since she used it.  It has (as far as I could
tell) has 37.24 GB.  I  dont know why the '24' is tacked on there for, cause
when I went to look at the  puter information, that's the figures it had on
there and since I have  uninstalled a lot of stuff since I got it --- it
only has used up approx.  1/8th of that 37 GB.

But what I dont like about  it --- I use Classic on this desktop, and when
I put her's on Classic, the set  up was so totally different, but kept it
there so I could change to my  colors and task bar from that bright blue to a
soft gray, but regardless of how  many times I re-did that, besides cutting
it on and off,  that blue task  bar would never disappear, and the reason I
don't like it is cause the icons were  terribly tiny.  I dont understand why
that didn't change when I was  able to change everything else by right
clicking on my desktop - properties,  appearance, then advanced and select the
colors I wanted.  Thanks for  your prompt reply.   Harriet

<<<<It's unlikely you could use your CD due to MS'  restrictions.
The slow defrag/chkdsk times aren't completely out of line,  especially if
it's been some time since it was done.
If it's still slow,  I'd look elsewhere for the cause.
How much memory does it have, and how much  disk space is left?>>>>

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 7:54 PM,  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My daughter gave me her old  HP  Compaq nc6120 using WinXP Sp 2 with 37.24
> GB ...  She left some of  the  stuff you need to run it and made me a
> wireless
>  connection for me.  It is  very slow.... though.  It took me 4  hours to
do
> a scan disk and 5 hours to  defrag.
>
> I  dont know whether to keep it and format, then putting my  own WinXP  on
> there or if MS would allow me to use my CD.  If so, would   it still be
> slow?
> I'm sure the HP is at least 6 or 7 years  old.   Harriet
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322936x1201367173/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd
=Mayfooter51209NO115)

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: