From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:50:33 -0500
I have an older HP855 printer.  I would occasionally get the
'cartridge not installed properly' message also.   On my printer, I
have an HP utility that performs alignment of the two cartridges
when I change one.  That usually kills the message.
The printer speed may be related to the spooling to the printer from
the pc. Check your start/settings/printers/   highlight your HP845,
then right click, and select properties.  You should see a few tabs
- select details, look at the bottom for spool settings.  You want
printer to start printing after 1st page spools, not the last.  My
4-5 year old 855 does about 8 ppm in black text with that setting.

Dzingai Chakazamba wrote:

> Hie all I recently bought an HP845C printer, which uses a USB
> connector. The problem is that  when I send a print job, it takes
> about 1,5 mins or more to print even if it is a simple BW letter.
> Also, I always get an error message "Color Cartridge is not
> properly, bla, bla, bla." I have removed and re-inserted it again
> and again, but the problem persists.Some important Specs on my
> PC:IBM NetVista 6269-ACG20Gig HDD (partitioned 10gig/10gig) and
> about 8Gig free space on ctive partition.64Mb SDRAM Please
> help. Dzingai

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com