From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:33:46 -0700
It is interesting to note that most commercial electronic equipment did
have air filters on the fans. Computers, for some reason, did not get
them. There is a lot of dust that gets drawn into a computer and a
filter in principal is a good idea. However, I would hesitate to install
one without first making sure that the airflow remains adequate. Flow of
dirty air with dust and all is still better than a much reduced flow of
air.

Periodically (at least once a year) I take an air hose to my computer (I
have a compressor in the garage). If you don't have a compressor, you
could use a vacuum cleaner in reverse - just be sure to do it outside
away from the house or your wife will surely kill you!

Peter
Peter Shkabara P.E. - Computer Science Instructor
Columbia College - 11600 Columbia College Drive - Sonora, CA 95370
(209) 588-5156 - [log in to unmask] - http://gocolumbia.org/pesh