From:
Winston Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 20:27:27 -0500
This idea is still going to tie up the phone usage. At one time I had set up
a phone line between two computers using a 9v battery connected in parallel
to the modem jacks. All that was needed was to set the modems for "blind
dial" (dialing without a dial tone).
But a better solution would be to connect the two computers with the serial
port or parallel ports and use the built-in Direct Cable Connection. I've
succeeded in using 25foot cables on both serial and parallel. Parallel will
be for times faster that serial at the minimum
plus data is pushed through faster (less handshaking) that serial.

Winston

> There are 2 PCs in my house. Both have modems and access to the phone
> lines. Is there some software solution to create a home network using only
> the modems and the existing phone lines?
>
> Thank you
> Charles Barnard

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com