From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:55:27 -0500
I use Google as my home page, since it loads very fast and I use it a lot.  I doubt that Google minds a bit - they would probably be
very pleased!

As to your site, you are taxing their server a small bit when it downloads to you the contents of their main page.  They may prefer
that you do not do that, or they may be very pleased.  Some sites keep a count of hits and use it to attract sponsors and
advertising.

Why don't you just email them and ask them if they mind?  Of course, there is not much that they can do about it if you don't tell
them what you are doing, and the time is pretty minimal.

Dean Kukral