From:
Kevin Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:07:56 -0600
Sorry this is late (as far as this topic goes) but I forgot to sign my
original.

I have a Visioneer 3100 parallel port scanner with a Okidata OL400e
connected to the pass through.  I don't have to have the scanner on for
it to boot, but I do have to turn it on if I want to use the printer.
If I don't, I get a message along the lines of, "Make sure the cable is
connected and the printer is turned on."  Turn the scanner on - then no
problem.  As far as I know, the
only way to get around this is to use a switch box as I mentioned
before. Does anyone else have a better idea? Also, does anyone know if
it is normal for the bulb on this scanner to remain lit all the time?

Thanks,
Kevin Weaver

George W Hurless wrote:

> ...Now I have to turn on the scanner 1st or it will not boot. Only
difference was the printer. This is on a 486 sx2-50 & EPP.
> Geo.

scanner), I have to turn on the scanner to use the printer.  Thanks
again.

> >> The term "pass-through" means that the scanner does not have to be
active. I have both a ZIP drive and scanner between my PC and printer.
The printer works just fine with the scanner and/or the ZIP turned off.

> >Three friends and I all bought Microtek V310 parallel port scanners.
MUST be powered on during bootup in order for the computer to see not
only the scanner, but to see the printer attached to the scanner.*

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html