From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 18:26:14 -0700
Best way to install Win98 on your hard disk is to boot from your CD-ROM.
This can be done on most newer computer by selecting the boot order in the
BIOS configuration. If you can't boot from CD, then you would need to boot
from floppy WITH support for a CD-ROM. Such boot disks can be created by
downloading the appropriate "boot disk" file from www.freepctech.com. Of
course, you would have to go to a working computer to download the file and
create the boot disk.

Once you have the proper boot disk, boot it and select the option to support
CD-ROM. You can then access the CD and start the install procedure. You
would have to do all this from the command line (A:>) as there will be no
Windows interface with the floppy disk boot.

Peter
The NoSpin Group