From:
Steven Walley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 21:35:33 PST
I would like to upgrade the 320 meg hard drive of a notebook computer
I'm considering buying.

It is a Compaq Elite 4/75C 486DX/75  w/ 320MB HD. While I have
been able to upgrade both of my previous notebook's with larger hard
drives, they were fixed hard disks.

The hard disk used in this Compaq model is a removable hard disk.

Anyone have any thoughts on upgrading a removable hard disk vs
a fixed hard disk?

Can they be upgraded with any standard 2.5 inch form factor IDE hard disk of
the type  that notebook computer's usually use?

Steven Walley

Internet email via [log in to unmask]