From:
John Stoker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:46:22 EST
I followed your advice step by step, this is the same process I have used
many times.The problem occurs at this point. After pressing enter I get Error
reading fixed disk. Then I it goes back to A prompt. Also it will not accept
a boot disk. I have to use a 98se start up disk. When I use a "boot" disk I
get the message Hard disk failed.I have tried replacing with the boot disk
after using the start up disk but this gives me a list of files from the
config.sys that are missing or corrupted.  then i get warning hma is not
available additional low memory will be used  finally I end at file missing
or corrupted:FDISK Type the name of the Command  Interpreter. I am baffeled
because I have used both the Startup and Boot disks to install on other hard
drives.      THANKS   (sorry for the long query)
                               John Stoker