From:
Brian Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:03:20 -0500
I really think your easiest solution would be to add NetBEUI. If your PCs
are both able to access the internet with your current addressing scheme
then it ain't broke. The way current Internet Service Providers seem to
change things these days, I believe that you are best to leave your PCs with
dynamic IP addressing. I know that NetBEUI is frowned upon as an old,
inferior protocol, but for peer to peer, it works. I think if you assign
static IP addresses you will possible encounter internet connection problems
in about 3 days when your lease expires. I also hate to say it, but WinME
is not the friendliest OS when it comes to connecting with other versions of
Windows. I'm not sure that NetBEUI is easily available in ME. You might
have to dig around to get it installed. I shudder at the mention of ME.
brian.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml