Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:52:54 -0500
Hello,

I'm looking for a way to be able copy the contents of my HD to CD-RW in a
way that I can use that CD to reload everything from scratch, in one shot.
Is that what's called 'ghosting'? I have a ThinkPad with Win 2K. Can someone
walk me through the steps I would need to take in order to reformat the HD
and then reload my OS and other Apps, not using the Recovery Disk that came
with the computer, but using the ghosted image CD instead? I've seen
Norton's Ghost and Powerquest's Drive Image mentioned here - is this the
software I would need? Lately I've seen Ghost spoken about much more than
Drive Image - does that mean that Ghost is considered better?

TIA,
David Landau

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com