From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 00:43:16 -0800
-----Original Message-----
Fred E. Caldwell:

>Okay boy and girls let get your H.O. on this one.
>I took a  P200mmx running Win 95b with 64mb EDO ram and a USR 56k Sporters.
>It was running great and very responsive on the net. I reformated the HD
and
>put win98se on it. and replaced the mem. this time i put 64mb of edo ram
and
>16mb of fast page. It process fast through programs but moves like a snail
>on the net ..what happened? Can mixed mem...fastpage and EDO do this.?
>what do ya think?

Seems easiest to remove the 16MB fastpage and
see if that helps. Also, some, maybe most need the BIOS
configured to use fastpage to improve timing latency over
EDO default settings. I would still be surprised if the problem
was exclusively ram related since it performs fine in other
applications. Outside of that, my 33.6k modem didn't like
the newer winsock and ran slower on-line like yours until I
downgraded to older drivers and DUN.

-yui shin

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org