From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 07:25:04 -0700
I did a little quick research on the Asrock combo board. It is one of those
I am not particularly fond of, it has two sockets, it can take either a
socket 478 processor, or LGA 775 processor, but only one can be installed at
a time. They are designed for future upgrades, put in a socket 478 now, and
when the newer faster processors come out in 775, change it out. I have
always thought that these can be kind of quirky.

The original poster didn't say which route he went. The online manual states
that there are 16 jumpers you have to change to select which socket you are
using (although the pictures clearly show 31 jumpers, I guess they can't
count). It is supposed to be default to the 478 socket from the factory, and
you need to change all 31 to the other setting for the 775 socket. It would
be prudent to double, triple, or even quadruple check to make sure the
jumpers are set properly for the type of processor installed.

Russ Poffenberger