Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:56:03 -0700
  Is the drive that's already in the machine also SCSI?

  If not, you may need to install a SCSI controller (and drivers) to
handle the old drive.  As long as the BIOS isn't set to boot from that
controller, you're good to go.

If the boot drive is SCSI, then you'll need to connect your old drive to
the SCSI controller -- hopefully, you have an unused connector on the
drive ribbon cable, and they're compatible SCSI versions.  You'll have
to change the LUN (Logical Unit Number) of the old drive so it doesn't
conflict with the boot drive -- this is usually set using a group of
three or four jumpers on the drive.

Different SCSI versions have used different kinds of connectors, mostly,
so if your old drive and your controller aren't directly compatible, you
may need an adapter that will interface between those two versions.

  If you need more detailed info, please specify the make/model of the
controller (or motherboard, if it's built in) and of the drive(s).

David Gillett

 > On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Jacob Smith <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

 >> Is there a way that I can put a hard drive into a new pc without it
being
 >> bootable and wihtout loosing data?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com