Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:39:38 +1300
I think your problem lies with your BIOS settings, as XP shouldn't have any problem with a Sound Blaster device under normal circumstances.

Try resetting the BIOS back to the defaults and start again from there.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

  From: Paul M. Feldman

  Wihout any warning, the ability to play music on my system failed.  I could
  no longer play MP3 files or any other music format, for that matter.  The
  audio cues that are built into XP Pro no longer work.

  The audio chip is intergrarted with the mother board, and emulates the Sound
  Blaster device.  I thought that there might be a chip failure, so I disabled
  all refernces to the on-board sound devices in the BIOS and installed a
  Sound Blater Live! Value card.  The System reports no problems with the
  sound devices but I still cannot get sound.

  Any suggestions?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml