From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:01:27 -0400
Fred,

Part of your system slow down may simply be because you upgraded to Win98.
Win 98 *IS*  slower than Win 95 and on a P100 classic, this could be almost
painfully evident.

I would guess (and that's all any of us can do at this point) that your
problem is a software conflict .  Unless you can be more specific about the
kind of lockup, we can't offer any real solutions.

Depending on what the lockup error message says, I would start with a
reeeeeal basic system.  Win98 and only the most esential software.  Even at
that, I would wait a day or two between each installation to   (hopefully)
pinpoint which application is causing the conflict.

You may have included this info in your first post, but I missed it.
When you repost to the list, try to have more finite details. Things like:
           When I click on...... it locks up and displays an error message
of.......
           If I move the mouse, then it locks up and........
           I get a blue screen error everytime I ........ and it says......
           Even if I stand on the other side of the room and promise
           not to touch it or stare at it, it still locks up.
Those are the kind of details that will help us to help you.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====