From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 17:05:05 -0400
You might start by trying some system stress programs, such as Prime95 (you
can run just the "torture tests" without downloading the distributed
computing project data) and MemTest86.  MemTest86 might be particularly
helpful, since it runs off of a bootable disk, eliminating potential
problems with the operating system.  Since you've already tried swapping out
the video cards, I'm leaning more towards some other hardware problem.
Another thing to check out would be to see what your processor's temperature
goes up to when it is loaded up.  Do you think your power supply is adequate
for your Athlon?

John