From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 02:26:19 -0600
Ken Gower wrote:

> I recently purchased a new RELISYS DC3500 Digital Camera and installed
> software with startup disk.  I connected to my Pionex PII233 computer using
> the 9 pin serial port as directed.  When attempting to run the program,
> I continue to receive a message that the camera is not connected to pc.
> After trying the 2nd 9 pin port without success, I called RELISYS tech support
> and was given a test run thru of the program:  same result ZILCH.  RELISYS
> recommended calling Pionex tech support, which I did.  Pionex informed me
> that since camera was not "theirs" they could not assist.  Nice guy did
> give me advice on where the "Start up" info located and suggested a setting
> for the serial port.  I found "start up"  went thru the 5 different settings
> available and I still am getting same message:   "Camera not connected."

This seems to always be a problem. The best way to get around this problem is to
go inbto the device manager, by right clicking My Computer, Next select
Properties, then select Device Manager. Next highlight your computer and select
properties. Look for an IRQ that is Free, and then select the port from the
device manager. Select properties, then select resources, and uncheck the box for
"use automatic settings" and try to change the IRQ for the port you are using to
one that is free, as per the Device manager. If after doing this, it still does
not work, then start to look at the cable as a problem.

Steve Wolfe........

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html