From:
Michael Wosnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 11:16:05 -0400
Thanks, Rick. Yes I had already done that, so in fact I am not asking about whether or not I *CAN* upgrade (i.e. hardware compatibility, system resources etc are all fine and I know that I can run Vista with a  few software upgrades that may be necessary in some peripherally used programs. My question was really more to the point of *SHOULD* I upgrade. I am not unhappy with XP. What will Vista allow me to do better/faster/more securely etc (other than looking spiffier)? I would rather have impartial real-life user opinions on the real benefits (if any) of moving to Vista, rather than Microsoft's marketing reasons for encouraging me to do so.

Michael

Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Make sure any hardware you have will work with Vista.
That is the biggest reason to wait...

MS has some tools to check your system over.
(My Video sucks, and I was a little shy on RAM...)

                                               Rick Glazier
CC:mwosnick

From: "Michael A. Wosnick"

> I have traditionally been an early adopter when a new version of Windows
> comes out, but not this time. I want to get past the hype and marketing and
> learn if there are some really salient reasons why an upgrade may benefit an
> above-average and reasonably computer savvy user. Or should I still sit on
> the sidelines and be happy with XP MC.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com