From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 23:03:07 -0700
This may be an alarm, either on the CPU, or the main board itself to warn
against overheating. I would check your fan on the CPU, and the Power supply
to be sure they are indeed working. Also note the speed of the fans. Some
CPU fans should be running around 5000 rpm, and when going bad can run about
half that speed, and not be enough to prevent the alarm from going off.

Cyrix chips were always noted to cause more heat than the competition as
well....

Good Luck,   Steve Wolfe

> Hello all.
>
> > About a year ago, I determined that I had a virus (at that time some
said
> > it sounded like a boot log virus?, which I think they said may or may
not
> > be 'fixable' via virus removal software I used PC Cillin) .....so, I
> > reformatted, etc....
> >
> > Since then, I have reformatted again, for different reasons.. Recently
> > again I have had the same symptoms which are:
> >
> > I hear this music from the cpu box itself, as opposed to my speakers..
It
> > sounds like Russian music (reminds me of Tetris)...Apparently yesterday
> > when my son came home from work ( I leave the computer on most of the
> > time) he heard the music playing, it had started sometime on it's own
> > during the day and during no use!.   He turned the computer off.  I
> > restarted when I returned and there was no problem!! What on earth is
> > this, any ideas??
> >
> > I have had no real problems that I can tell.....Though my mouse has been
> > acting weird on occasion.....like it's hyperactive, and causing windows
> > open and close repeatedly while the pointer flutters madly..
> >
> > I run W98, 300 Cyrix chip, ATI video, SB16, CD-Rom, Office 2000,
Quicken,
> > AOL 5.0, AIM, Palm Pilot goodies.

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org