From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 20:15:28 -0500
I just had this problem a few days ago reinstalling Win 98.2 on my work computer.  What you need to do is go into the BIOS and disable the boot sector virus scanner.  It sees the install as a virus in some way, so it must be disabled.  Follow the instructions on your machine during the POST screen for opening your BIOS.  It will say something like, "for setup press F1, or Del (delete), or whatever your particular machine uses for that.  Check in CMOS settings (standard or advanced or whatever your BIOS has) for the virus scanner and follow the instructions for changing it from enabled to disabled.