From:
Westly Montroos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 07:17:19 -0700
Hi,

I have a network with several computers, like 70
computers, all of them with Windows 2000, and three
servers with Windows 2000 Server Edition. I want a lot
of security on this network, but I would like to begin
with the mac address of the workstation.

My first question: when I go to cmd in Windows 2000,
if I type this commmand "IPCONFIG/ALL" I get this
message: "physical address". Could the "physical
address" be the same as "mac address" of the network
card?
My second question: If I got the mac address of all
the network cards on the network, can I do this:
configure the servers to give access ONLY to the
network cards on my network and to deny access to
netwerk cards that do not have a origin in my network,
like a laptop that are not in use in the company.

Maybe I did not explain my situation or my plans not
so good, but if you have any questions, please feel
free to ask me.

Westly Montroos.