From:
Dave Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:36:29 +1300
I'm about to upgrade a computer for a friend and I intend retaining the
sound card and modem from his old computer.
I will be adding these components to a generic motherboard and a cyrix
200mmx chip with 32mb of memory.
My questions concern the sound card and modem. Both these components would
have been installed in the computer in about 1994. The sound card is of the
proprietry variety in that the cdrom connects to it. The modem is an
Dynalink 14.4.
What kind of probs might I encounter when I put these components onto the
new motherboard?
I am also transferring the hard drive, which is a reasonably new Seagate,
over to the new motherboard. The hard drive has win95b on it. What
procedures should I follow before removing it from the old system??
Thanks in advance...

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html