From:
Mike Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 06:45:20 EDT
Dear Michele:

I checked your support site and the BIOS flash program for your D-1170-A
motherboard is a Windows self extracting file:  1170119 which you can
download from the motherboard manufacturer's site.  The need for flashing
would depend on the BIOS revision you now have but if your board does not
pickup the 800 Celeron it will also be lowering the ram speed.  After
downloading double click on this file, follow directions and extract it to
your floppy drive.  The documentation is not very good on this site I agree
but the file is there.  If you read the notes on the extracted floppy and
knowing you must have a flash utility program, replacement BIOS and system
files on the floppy disk by reading what they give you in the form of text
messages should be enough to get the job done.

The drivers for your motherboard if needed would likely deal more with hard
drive speed and special I/O optimization related to the 810e chipset as these
drivers are installed to the operating system and do not reside in the EEPROM
BIOS.

Your ram showing half its value is related to ram density, the motherboard
circuitry and the chipset bootup.  It is normal for the Intel chipset 810e to
reserve 1 MB of ram for bootup before the video card takes over.  In order to
see all the ram it must be low density but it will still only show 127 MB
during the ram check.

Good luck and keep trying.

Regards,
Mike Scott