From:
Rick Swartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 09:30:57 +0100
On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:12:06 -0500 Jerry Pereira <[log in to unmask]> asked:
>Attempted to Flash an Award Bios and received the message, "Failed
>Chip".  After more than 10 minutes and saw no alternative but to reboot,
>and of course, nothing.  I saved a copy of the old bios, but how do I
>get it n\back into the computer ?

Hi Jerry,

three methods that I can think of:

1: you know someone with a BIOS-flasher
2: Contact your dealer and ask for a new BIOS chip.
3: (Risky!) You know someone with the same MOBO and BIOS that you have.
Boot their computer into dos mode, take out the Bios chip (Yes the computer
stays on), put yours in. Start your flasher-prog, flash the bios chip.
After its done reboot once to check if you were successful. Shut down the
machine and swap the chips again (You could always try to convince your
friend that reswapping the chips would be a waste of time). I told you it
was going to be risky, but I have done this a few times before I finally
ordered a BIOS-Flasher.

HTH Rick Swartz

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html