From:
Ken Goad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 19:22:20 -0600
Need some troubleshooting advice on the following issue:

I formated the HD, then cleard cmos
clock, took it all apart, and then replugged everything back in. When I
sterted it up, I went and loaded bios defaults. I then loaded windows
95. It seemed to work ok so I shut it off. After letting it sit for
about 3 or 4 hours turned off, I started it up. It went into its normal
startup, the W95 screen came up, then it goes back to the PCI Device
Listings  screen, This is all normal so far,  THEN IT LOCKED UP, just
stoped and did nothing, I pushed restart and then it said that windows
did not finish loading last time and wanted me to start in safe mode.
After starting in safe mode, I then restarted and it started up normal.
The problem seems to occur after it sits for a bit. Remember now, The
only thing so far I have loaded is W95, none of the other drivers for
the cards. We either have a hardware problem or Windows 95 glitch
occuring. I need your input.  Could it be the motherboard? or the video
card, but i have not loaded the drivers for the video card yet, it is
still running in standard vga driver from windows.

Ken

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html