From:
Jn Ottie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2007 18:58:11 -0400
Original Message --
From: "Kev+" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2007 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Disk Full Hard drive warnings

Question i put windows xp on my pc when everything loaded up its say low space clear room i don't what the heck i did but if you can tell me some suggestion it would be very helpful, what i did was deleted parition c then installed windows xp im no where an computer expert maybe novice so if someone can give me suggestions as what to do it would be greatly appreciated.....Kevin
P.s i wish someone could directly connect to my computer to check out my pc and possibly fix this situation

$$$

Good Afternoon Kev+,

Since you're running Windows XP and if you're XP installation is 'functional' and has a good internet connection, there is a way for someone else to 'connect' to your computer via a 'Remote Assistance' invitation.

Long story short: you send a remote assistance invitation to someone you trust who is running Windows XP Professional so they can take a look at your installation and perhaps be able to fix whatever it is that's ailing your machine. Let me emphasize that 'perhaps' means just that, as you haven't included any information on your computer's make, model or hardware. Many things could be wrong with your system that simply aren't fixable using Remote Assistance.

A Remote Assistance invitation can be sent by accessing the Remote Assistance tab under System Properties. See this screenshot of what the tab looks like on WinXP Professional: http://tinyurl.com/33lhlp. If you consider going this route, I suggest you first read up on the topic in WinXP's 'Help & Support'.

**********************************
About Remote Assistance

Sometimes the best way to fix a problem is to have someone show you how. Remote Assistance is a convenient way for a friend in another location to connect to your computer from another computer running a compatible operating system, such as Microsoft Windows XP, and walk you through your solution.

After your friend is connected, he or she will be able to view your computer screen and chat online with you in real time about what you both see. With your permission, your friend can even use his or her mouse and
keyboard to work with you on your computer.

Notes

a.. Both you and your assistant must be using either Windows Messenger or a MAPI-compliant e-mail account such as Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express.
b.. You and your assistant need to be connected to the Internet while using Remote Assistance.
c.. If Windows Firewall is turned on, Remote Assistance will temporarily open firewall ports.
d.. If you are working on a corporate or local area network, firewalls might stop you from using Remote Assistance. In this case, check with your network administrator before using Remote Assistance.

See also: http://www.microsoft.com/services/remoteassistance/RA.asp.

Finally (and I don't believe this to be the case with the limited information you've provided), if you're using a relatively late model Dell machine purchased from Dell's SMB business division, you can request that Dell Tech Support to access your computer and assess and possibly fix the problem(s) you're encountering. I'm sure other vendors have similar tech support options, but I'm personally most familiar with Dell.

HTH. Please let us know how you make out. I am,

Very truly yours,
Jeffrey Ottie

eom