From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:11:58 -0700
  I'm no expert on Exchange, but while it makes sense for a group email
address to appear in the To: (or Cc: or Bcc:) field or the Reply-To: field,
one can make a reasonable argument that it should never appear in the From:
field, and it seems to me possible that the Exchange team at Microsoft may
have accepted that argument.  If only for reasons of accountability, many
organizations might require that the specific message author be indicated,
and not just a group they have permissions on.

David Gillett

On 20 Sep 2007 at 7:08, Patrick Macaspac wrote:

> Goo day fellow members!
>
> I have been practicing in the client server environment using Windows
> 2003 Server and Exchange Server 2003. I have something that puzzles me
> as narrated below, it's a bit long but I hope you can help.
>
> I was thinking of creating a distribution list for a group in our
> team. Here's how I did it:
>
> I created a group object names IT Admin in Active Directory (AD) and
> selected three users to be a part of the group. I chose to create an
> Exchange mailbox for that group too, and after a minute, the email
> address was created. I put IT Admin as the alias.
>
> Next, I right clicked on the group, click Properties, click on
> Security tab to view the permissions. I then added the members on the
> permission list and have granted them full control (includes Send As
> permission).
>
> Next I went to Exchange Manager and applied the Recipient Update
> Services.
>
> What I want is that every member can use the email address or alias of
> the group when they email the team.
>
> Here's the scenario: When I use Outlook 2003 to create a new message,
> I made sure that the From: filed is visible so I can use the email
> address of the group, something like, "On behalf of the IT Admin
> Group, I am sending this message to you". But the recipients, of
> course won't be able to know who sent it other than the group itself.
>
> So I tried this, I entered the group's email address, then send the
> email to one of the team's member, the error message was: You do not
> have permissions to use this email address. However, I am one of the
> group's members with full control privileges.
>
> I hope you can help me if I'm doing something wrong.
>
> TIA.
>
> Regards,
>
> Patrick M

                     support at our newest website: