Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:06:42 +1200
A customer asked me to look at her Acer Travelmate 507DX laptop, which she
says is running way too slow.

Now, I'm not too familiar with laptops, and I have no idea just how quick
this thing should go.

It's a Celeron 466 with 32Mb ram and a coupla gigs free HDD space. I'm
running it on mains power.

Should this machine run as fast as it's desktop equivalent, all other things
being equal?
Or are laps generally slower than desks? This sure is a plodder. I've
checked it for viri and tho it's had Magistr, there's none still active.
TIA

PS. To give an idea of the speed of this machine, I loaded FProt via DOS,
started a scan, then went to bed and left it going.

When I returned to it in the morning, it reported proudly that the scan was
finished - after 429 minutes :--))

Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown