From:
Gary R Tennesen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 17:40:28 -0700
I suffered CPU loss from my print spooler a number of months ago.

Are you sure SPOOLSV.EXE isn't using the CPU excessively?  There is a fix that I had to do a search via a favorite web search site using the words, spoolsv.exe cpu usage.

You can troubleshoot cpu usage problems by going to the admin tools located in Control Panel.  Find the area called "services" and experiment by starting and stopping various services to see if the computer stabilizes.

HINT:  before stopping too much, you might want to look up which services can't be stopped without messing up Windows.  You can usually find the names of services and what they do by typing their name into a web search page.  There are a few sources out there that'll help you learn more about what each program running is and if it is necessary, needless, virus or even spyware.

--gary r. tennesen

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com