From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:01:27 -0300
I had the same problem and I asked the question from this or the software
list, I don't remember which.   The solution was to download  a demo of a
partitioning program.  It may have been Perfect Disk...  I am not sure.  I
remember the option to make a disk innactive was present and not greyed out.
I uninstalled the program later after I had finished using it.
Howard Rubin
The Computer Doctor
Fortaleza, Brazil

RE:  Date:    Thu, 11 Dec 2003 08:53:40 -0500
From:    Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Mark a Drive NOT Active

I need, (or want, depending on your point of view),
to change a Primary Partition NON-OS/(never) hard drive
that is currently marked Active into being marked as
NON-Active.
Is there a short way to do that. (Disk Editor, etc...)
"Customer" does NOT want to back-up/restore, etc...

I have my reasons for wanting to do this... Too long a story,
and the "cure" is optional... We have a "work-around"...

                TIA,  Rick Glazier