From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:14:27 -0400
DeLyle,

I'm not sure that the power supply (and its fans) is what needs to be
replaced.  Unless your power supply has a fan speed wire that is connected
to chassis fan header #1 on your motherboard, this is more likely a case fan
(typically, the one at the back, below the power supply) that is being
reported as not spinning up.  However, it would be good to take a look at
the motherboard, locate the fan header labeled CHA1, and check what is
plugged into it.  This is the fan that likely needs to be replaced.

While you're at it, this would be a good opportunity to make sure all the
other fans appear to be operating
properly and clean dust out as necessary.

John Sproule