From:
Steve Sabljak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:47:06 -0400
Hi, Frank.

I'd recommend you stick with LinkSys.

I've got 3 PCs all running various versions of Windows 2000 that have
LinkSys wireless network adapters.  The laptop has the PC card variety, one
desktop has the PCI card type, and the third  is also a desktop that  is
running the USB variety.  They all "talk" to a LinkSys wireless access
point, which is wired to a LinkSys router in another room.

All work well, were simple to install and configure, and have given me no
reason to complain.  (Except for the router which had to be replaced once
due to one of our all-too-common Florida lightning strikes...)

BTW, all the NICs seem to work equally well, so I wouldn't recommend one
type over another.  Keep an eye on sales and rebates that are advertised and
you should be in business for a reasonable price.

Hope this is helpful,

Steve Sabljak
SPACE COAST PC SOLUTIONS, INC.

> Do people have recommendations for laptop
> and desktop wireless cards to use with the
> linksys ap?

> What would people recommend?  I care about
> money, and I care about low hassle factor, but
> there is certainly nothing mission-critical here
> that requires extra performance or reliability.
> However, I do think I will want to run it using wep,
> which I haven't tried testing yet.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>