From:
Kenneth Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:18:22 -0700
Be sure that the stick has the proper specs for your machine (bus
clockspeed, plain SDRAM vs DDR or DDR2, a size that the BIOS and socket
can support, CAS and RAS timing, etcetera). One thing for sure that I
know about Dell computers is they will not POST with ECC (error
correcting) RAM of any spec installed. Also be sure that the stick is
good and not faulty in any way by seeing if the stick produces similar
symptoms in another computer. The latest BIOS revision on the
motherboard is also key, as an older BIOS might not properly recognize
your stick.

Dave Greenwood wrote:
> Hi I wonder if you can help?
> I have a Dell Dimension 2400 and have tried to install a 1GB SDRAM PC2700 DIMM but the system will not boot. My friend also has a Dimension 2400 which is running a 1GB DIMM plus a 256MB DIMM with no problem. Why?
>
>                          PCBUILD's List Owners:
>                       Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                         Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,