From:
Dave Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:14:37 +1300
Who out there is familiar with the ins and outs of Advanced Power
management or ACPI?
I want to use the standby mode so that I don't have to keep shutting down
my computer when I am finished with it.
I've become a beleiver in the policy of minimizing temperture fluctuations
on the motherboard and cpu by keeping the computer on all day.
My problem is that when I engage standby sometimes it works and sometimes
it doesnt.
As a test, I set it up to go on standby after one minute. It performed
perfectly everytime. I got sick of it going into standby after one minute
so decided to change the setting to three minutes. I went apply after
changing, pressed standby again and waited for it to shutdown. Nothing
happens at all.
Is there some procedure you have to follow everytime??
I really want to use it but when it doesnt work it means my computer sits
there for along time with nothing happening on screen.
Does it make much difference the programmes you have sitting on the toolbar.
I have Nortons Anti-virus, Asus pc probe and Waterfall pro.
Would certainly appreciate some feedback on this one.
I have an Asus P5a motherboard with full support for ACPI.

Dave P.

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html