From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 05:00:46 -0500
You can get HD enclosures at www.tigerdirect.com for less than $20.00.
They're easy to install and should work on any XP computer.
I've got a 300 GB WD drive I use for backing up my LAN.
Sabrent http://www.sabrent.com/products/index.htm
has an interesting device you can use to connect any IDE device or a
2.5" drive via USB. (SBT-UI235). No enclosure needed. I use this for
testing, formatting and transferring files.
Removable trays have been around for a while, and you can find out more
with a Google search
http://www.backup-for-workgroups.com/support-set-up-removable-hard-drive.html#step3

GeneralStuff wrote:
> I was interested in your description of what you do with old drives.  What are removable trays, how much do they cost, where do you

  get them, can you use them with any computer?   Aren't USB enclosures
nearly as expensive as just buying a new drive?

  Or is there an inexpensive source somewhere?  If I have installed a
new hard drive and moved an old one to slave position (following
instructions),

  would I have any problem installing an old drive in a USB enclosure?
Thanks, AnnaSummers