From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:45:20 -0500
Doug,

You haven't said which model Compaq you are working with.  Compaq machines
are very proprietary and many require special SIMMs.  If you installed
generic RAM that may be your problem.

The two vendors I buy RAM from, each list around 9 different part numbers
for a 16Meg (or any size) stick for various Compaq models like the LTE,
DeskPro, ProLinea, Presario, etc..

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====