Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:44:00 EST
In a message dated 2/14/99 9:18:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I must be doing something wrong.  I've tried installing several
 manufacturer's motherboards with AGP video, both socket 7 and PII.  On each
 I've received no POST.  The CPU fans are blowing.  The powersupply fan is
 running.  The hard drive is initializing and the LED on the CDrom Drive
 flashes.  The keyboard LEDs flash once.  And there is no monitor activity at
 all.  I've run out of ideas. >>

Hi,
  If you are using a AGP video card based on the RIVA TNT chip, you *may* be
running into problems with the power supply. The TNT uses a LOT of current on
the 3.3 volt supply, and many smaller supplies don't have the capacity to run
the CPU, (the other major drain on the 3.3 volt line), and this particular
type of video card. I personally have seen a case where a power supply rated
at 10 amps on the 3.3 volt supply would not POST with this combo, replacing
the power supply with one rated at 13 amps fixed it.

HTH,
Peter Hogan

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html