From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 16:01:44 -0800
Hi,
I have been messing around with this for a while without satisfactory
results. What I am trying to do is get DOS 6.22, Win95 OSR2.1, NTWS 4.0 and
Red Hat Linux installed on my machine using System Commander Deluxe. Drives
are 1-4.5G SCSIUW that I boot from, and 1-2G WD EIDE. I can get DOS and
Windows installed OK, I use the "Risk Free" method to install Windows. All
is well and good to this point. I then try to install either Linux or NT to
the WD drive, all seems to go well, however, some how the WD becomes Active,
causing boot problems, well, it doesn't. I usually wind up unplugging the WD
to get to Windows. Ultimately I have to use Fdisk to de-activate the WD
drive and erase it. Does anyone Know how I can over come this mess to allow
a smooth coexistence of these OS's on my machine? Things like partition
sizes and order and or method of installing. Or will I have to make the IDE
drive the boot drive? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]