From:
Susan Hays <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 11:40:04 EDT
In a message dated 10/03/1999 4:04:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< The technical support team for the
 insurance software mentioned something about dos mapping. I am kind of
 embarrassed but don't have a clue as to what I need to do-hope someone can
 help me. >>

I don't pretend to know much, but all of my HP printers(not an all in one)
require a DOS panel to be installed in DOS.  Look in your manual to see if it
has instructions for a DOS control panel.  I don't know if it is called dos
mapping in the all in one machines or what.  But if you don't install the
control panel, it will not print in DOS.  On most of my HP printers, it was
disk #3.  However, on one of mine, I had to download a new printer driver
from HP to get the control panel.  At the DOS prompt, type in djcp(deskjet
control panel).  You have to set it each time for portrait or landscape,
depending on what you are printing out.  This may not help, but this is my
experience with HP printers.  The DOS control panel doesn't install through
Windows, it has to be installed through DOS.

Susan Hays

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org