From:
watcher22 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:04:40 GMT

     I know that Spybot Search and Destroy's latest defs detect and remove it.  I just used it on a system at work for someone there.  Evidentally, I got the solution before I ever knew it was a problem.  I don't know if there are different variants though.  If all else fails with Spybot and Ad-Aware, I recommend Ewido Security Suite.  The updates  and program installer are dowloadable and self contained in case the machine is not able to get on the internet.

www.ewido.net

It finds some malware and trojans that can hide out from Spybot and Ad-Aware.  A co-worker showed me this and it has saved a few others some headaches as well.  I use it and then uninstall it.  You can keep it if you just want to run the scans.  However the protect agents only run for 15 days and then you have to pay for a copy.  (kind of like Ad-AwarePro)  The sad part is it finds some stuff that our Symantec Antivirus misses.  The hunt for this stuff is never ending nowadays.

Anybody for chasing your tail? :)
Derek Buchanan

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com