From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 22:37:54 -0800
On 5 Mar 2003, at 5:42, Clinton A Worley wrote:

> Hi list,
> How do I save the network settings in my laptop for accessing the
> corporate ethernet?
> I mean the numbers for DNS, WINS, IP and the boxes that need checked.
> I do not always get the same laptop every time I check one out.
>
> Currently using an IBM P100 laptop and Windows 98 (Original Release)
> One uses Win98SE, one has Win95B, one has Win2K.
> Is there a file that I can save and restore on this or another laptop?
> Or is it a series of Registry Entries?
>
> Thanks,
> Clint

  I'm not positive that I understand.  Where do you check these out from?
Don't the people you check them out from make sure they're configured
correctly?

  Pretty much all of the items you've mentioned can be downloaded
automatically as needed, if the laptop is configured to do that and if the
network includes a DHCP server.  DHCP was designed so that administrators --
and users! -- never have to worry about properly configuring individual
machines one-at-a-time.

David Gillett

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml