From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 04:19:41 -0400
Did you try removing the partitions with FDISK?
This computer might be formatted with NTFS. (Win NT, 2000 or XP)
If you intend to install Linux or XP, the install routine will format
and partition the drive to your liking.
I'm running Fedora Core 3 on an older computer. It's free and installs
easily.

Dianne Erdos-Rush wrote:
> Hi,
> Got an older computer to play with, and hopefully make usefull for someone who cannot afford to get themselves one.
> It appears to be running a Linux system although I am unsure.
> I booted it with a boot disk and I was given the message "Windows 98 has detected that Drive C does not contain a valid FAT or FAT32 partition." How do I partition it?
> Then I attempted to Format it, and got "Format not supported on drive C:".
> Then Scan Disk tells me that all is ok with the A: drive.
> When I asked for a display of Partition Info, I got the following information, which doesnt look familiar to me:
> "Current Fixed Drive 1
> 1.  Type: Non-Dos   MBytes: 102  2% usage
> 2.  Type: Non-Dos   MBytes 3757  91%
> 3.  Type: Non-Dos   MBytes 259   6%"
> Look familiar to anyone?  What step should I take next, there is nothing I care to save on the hard drive.
> Thanks in advance.
> Dianne
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml